Monday, 23 January 2017

Entrepreneur and Perceived Failure

As an entrepreneur of fifteen years I've learned all too well what failure feels like. The perpetual wheel of reinventing myself is the only constant thing.  Don't despair DON'T give up because this is what the word really means.


If you’re at a place where failure isn’t your friend, know that opportunity lies in every defeat. Here are 3 reasons why I think failure is the key to success.

1.Failure is a Function of Trying

If you haven’t failed yet, chances are you aren’t trying very hard. failure represents opportunity and growth, not deficit and loss.


2. Success Lies in Seeing failure as a tool.

If you’re like most people, you probably have a bad relationship with failure. You see it as an ending, as proof that your plan didn’t succeed or your ideas weren’t good enough.
The truth is, failure happens to everyone. The only thing that separates people who succeed from those who don’t is a proper understanding of the power of failure. Success requires that you learn from mistakes rather than falling into despair and giving up.

3. Failure Builds Character

If you look at the events leading up to any significant victory, you’ll often discover failure as the biggest motivator Don’t look at failure as a negative…it is our failures that build character and allow us to grow.

Clearly, failure represents opportunity and growth.

Success is about learning how to recognize why you failed, and how you’re going to compensate for it and I find it helpful to ask myself the following questions upon failures, big and small.

  • What brought about the failure?
  • How much of it is in my realm of influence?
  • How can I use my influence to turn failure into success?
  • What steps do I need to go through to try again?
  • What can I do every day to ensure that my next try is done more intelligently?

Share Your Thoughts With Me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Crafting My Business
Published By Gooyaabi Templates | Powered By Blogger